It is not a big deal to download youtube videos nowadays. Most of us are using some browser addons or softeares like IDM for downloading youtube videos. So, with this post, my aim is just to demonstrate that we can simply download any youtube videos using our favorite media player VLC player. Most of us are using VLC player as just a media player and dont know other functions of VLC like streaming, webcam recording. etc.
- Copy the youtube url of the video you want to download
- Open vlc player and go to Media–>Open Network stream
- Paste the youtube url there and press enter
Now you can see the video is being played on VLC. Here comes the trick.
- Navigate to Tools–> Media Information
- Press Ctrl +A after clicking there and copy that link by pressing ctrl +c
- Now open any browser and paste the copied location url on the address bar and press enter
Now it will start downloading. If you are using any download accelerators like IDM or DAP, simple paste this location link on IDM or DAP than pasting on the browser.
Please note, this wont work with old versions of VLC Player.