It has been a long time since I posted something here. becoming too lazy nowadays 😀
This time, I am writing this for iOS users. My first iOS post here. Its about sending music files from music library over whatsapp in iOS devices.
Whatsapp in iOS wont allow us to send music files. It is really a weird situation when you want to send an interesting music track in your library to your friend and realizing whatsapp in iOS wont support this feature. But dont worry, we have a work around for this. You can find a lot of methods to do this over net like using google drive or by jailbreaking your device. But, I am writing here the best and simple way.
Let me introduce a powerful automation tool for iOS “Workflow”. It is not a free application. But is worth the money you pay. Workflow allows users to create custom operations including “Open In”. With this app, you can create hundreds of another apps inside it.
For simply sending music from library to whatsapp, we are using a simple workflow. I have already created the custom workflow to select music from iPhone Music Library and share it on WhatsApp. You people can also create your own workflows for your own personal needs. I promise, its such a brilliant application.
3. Tap the play button to run the workflow
4. Here we go ! !, It will prompt you to select music track from library.
5. Select the track and it will be opened in whatsapp to forward.
How to add a shortcut to this workflow on Homescreen
I know its not a convenient way to open workflow all the time and run this for forwarding music. We can simply add a shortcut to this workflow on our homescreen.
- In the Workflow app, tap on “Techbeats.in Share Music” from My Workflows section.
- Tap on the Share icon on the top left corner and choose Add to Home Screen from the Extensions menu (bottom row).
- You will be redirected to a webpage in Safari, where you need to select Share icon >> Add to Home Screen.
- Finally, tap on Add in the top right corner.
The workflow should now get added as a shortcut on your iPhone Home Screen. From now on, every time you want to share an MP3 on WhatsApp, all you need to do is to launch the custom workflow from the Home Screen.
Dont hesitate as Workflow is a paid app. It is worth the money as you can use hundreds of another workflows which are equal to many other paid apps in itunes store. Just try this website , which consists of an unofficial collection of workflows which are created by various users worldwide.